Friday, September 19, 2014

Instant Dry Mint


I use a lot of mint in my food. Fresh mint has amazing taste but at times it is not stocked, also some recipes require dry mint. We do get the dried one in the stores but some how I don't feel like buying it. Ever since PJ taught us the dehydration process in MW I must have made so many batches of these dried herbs. I make loads of these and send to my daughter. Here is a step by step version of this instant dried mint. I do not like to throw all the stems , as they lend a wonderful flavor.


Instant Dry Mint
Pluck the leaves from the stem, leaving a few tender stems.
Wash and wipe the mint leaves.
Press them lightly with a kitchen towel to remove all the moisture.
Place them on a kitchen towel in the MW and microwave for 1 minute 30 secs on high.
Let stand for a minute. Remove and wait for a minute.
The mint should have become crunchy, but how ever if you feel it is still limp, MW for another 10 seconds and check.
The mint will retain its fresh green color.
Use as it is or coarsely crush it with hands.
Store in a airtight jar.


I used these in Qatar Breakfast



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. interesting.. will try this out..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vaishali, I stumbled upon ur site by accident, but am totally hooked. I love ur style, ur creativity in all ur recipes. I am a pure vegetarian and constantly experimenting with food from around the world. Friends and family have been encouraging me to start a blog and after seeing urs, it's inspiring me to start! Keep up the grt work. U will definitely find me visiting ur blog often

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do similarly...lovely post with detailed steps

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this too but for another dish.This method works so well right!And thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete