Monday, November 10, 2014

Almond Butter Dates

BM # 46  Week 2  Day 1

When I chose the theme Nuts and legumes I had no idea as to what I would be posting. I was totally blank . I decided to give my head a break and not get worked up with the theme. Rarely do I choose a theme where I have to put effort in my thoughts.
I remember on my search while doing Around the world in 30 days, I had read some where about the almond paste, and had wanted to try making it, so I made these stuffed dates. Dates and almonds both are nutritious and ideal for kids, and kids will appreciate these if well decorated.

I choose Kimia Dates, which are slightly dry and less sticky, though you could choose any dates you wish . This is my Day 1 post for BM # 46 under nuts and Legumes for lunch box series.


Almond Butter Dates
Dates

Filling
20 almonds, soaked overnight, peeled
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp butter
Few drops vanilla extract
Cake sprinklers
Make a fine paste of almonds and sugar.
Using a non stick pan, add the paste and butter and cook till dry.
Add vanilla extract.
Cool and fill this in piping bag.

How to go about
Make a vertical cut and Remove the seeds from the dates.
Split it open and fill in the paste.
Now close the date and pipe out a clean line to cover on the slit .
Sprinkle some colorful sprinklers or vermicelli.
Chill and serve .


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#46

This goes to Valli's Kid's Delight who is hosting Nuts and Legumes event.
Pin It

15 comments:

  1. A very interesting yet simple snack. And so healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to serve healthy snacks to kids and adults. The presentation is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, those almond butter stuffed dates are alluring, wat a fantabulous desserts or healthy snacks for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very healthy and delicious snack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and protein rich snack looks so colorful

    ReplyDelete
  6. First, love love your plates. I love your first picture too. a very interesting recipe. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an awesome idea!! and healthy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy and delicious almond stuffed dates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that a healthy option to carry :) looks fantastic , love the way you have added the sprinkler to make it more interesting !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made something similar for one of the BM editions using badam barfi .Seeing this I can almost recollect how good it tasted and how the kids finished it up in seconds!!!Love the sprinkles on top...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really can't believe you will be short of ideas..:)..this is really such a cute dish!..thanks for sending it across for the event as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple and healthy. Loved the presentation

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolute treat to the eyes. Healthy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a delicious snack. You are making my bookmark run into pages!

    ReplyDelete