Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

BM # 46 Week 3 Day 3

For Day 3 under festival recipes I have some chocolate chip cookies. Chocolate is a favorite flavor in our house and the majority prefers anything and everything with this sinful chocolate,though we have conscious eaters and all eat a very small portion of any sweet or chocolate. These cookies were made by my little niece. They came as a surprise as she made them while we were taking our afternoon nap. I woke up with the aroma of these bakes, wondering who was playing with my oven. The cookies came out perfect, very crunchy , very chocolaty and very addictive. Here is the recipe that she followed...


Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup APF
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 tbsp soft butter
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp or more  dark chocolate chips 
1/4 tsp vanilla essence

Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and mix well.
Keep aside.
Combine the sugar and butter in a bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain.
Add vanilla essence, milk and chocolate chips and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball and flatten the balls lightly.
Sprinkle some more chocolate chips on top.
Place the cookies on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 c (360 f) for 15 to 20 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack and store in air-tight containers.



Pin It

13 comments:

  1. My favorite food too and such a comfort snack. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate chip cookies are always a favorite. Nice to have your niece whip up baked goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate chip cookies looks yum :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious Vaishali...I am still not prepared for my week...and these tempt me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can munch some anytime, chocolate chips cookies rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow cookies seems to have turned fantastic :) I want to grab some from the screen

    ReplyDelete
  7. A crisp and perfectly baked cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite cookies!! wish I could grab some, they are superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these crisp and delicious chocolate chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow looks like you niece has picked up all the nuances of baking. The cookies look awesome. I wish I wake up to such a delicious surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it when the kids at home take up baking. It is such a cute gesture !! Love those cookies!

    ReplyDelete