Monday, November 3, 2014

Oats and Poha Ladoos



Vacations are a nice break from everyday routine . Everyone has a different perspective where these vacations are concerned. With this jet age everyone wants to save travel time and choose flights as their travel mode, but some how road trips are lot of fun. One can stop anywhere on the way to enjoy the natural beauty , carry and eat loads of goodies, basically a munching trip!!

Carrying lots of food packets is a option which most people follow, but of course home made goodies are always preferred. This time for Diwali pooja I made ladoos. The recipe was given by Priya , she used jaggery but I chose  powdered sugar. This is the first time I have made ladoos , even though I am a great fan of any kind of ladoos, I don't make them...eventually I find myself indulging into finishing them. These ladoos were a total hit and my little grand children loved them.for once my daughter asked me to pack these as they are travelling to North. The ladoos are healthy and the children need not gorge on those junky chips. These ladoos are my Day 1 post under the theme Car Snacks for BM 46.


Oats and Poha Ladoos
1 cup oats
1 cup poha
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 cup almond powder
1/2 cup or more warm clarified butter
Dry roast the oats and poha separately.
Grind to a fine powder.
Grind almonds to a fine powder.
Mix all dry ingredients.
Add warm ghee and bind the ladoos.
I garnished these with tiny fondant flowers, but you can use any nuts.



Pin It

18 comments:

  1. They look so yummm..definitely a healthy treat while on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy and interesting!! I had my mind on these laddus as well. Those fondant flowers look very festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ingredient list sounds really yummy. Ladoos look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are my on my todo list. I like the addition of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome Vaishali..very nicely made..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was also tempted to try them out when priya made, your presentation takes it several notches higher, lovely laddoo recipe..and powdered sugar works for me as well..bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I am tempted too..lovely laddoos and awesome click!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an healthy combo.. love the little flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting pick for car snacks , love this healthy combo and such tempting ladoos :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first thought that came to my mind was "Oh, Vaishali made laduus" ! :))
    The laddus look so delicious and love the edible flower decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a healthy snack! Looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yehhh finally you made ladoos perfect shape and beautiful presentation, those flowers looks so cute. nice combination like to try this recipe.....bookmarked...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish i get those cuties rite from my lappy screen, looks stunning with beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a nutritious and delicious looking laddoos. Love those cute little fondant flowers on top :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So true Vaishali. I love long road trips... :) And to have snacks of these kind at hand makes it double jolly. :) Nice and a easy recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I made these last nite super easy super tasty..:) thank u for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely and healthy ladoo... looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very healthy & delicious ladoo's. Yum

    ReplyDelete