Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pizza Tikka


For the second day under Pizzas and Pastas, I had some dough from the pizzas that I made. (I shall be posting The pizzas from scratch soon).I decided to make cal zones but some how I wanted to create something new,I did not know what...but something different.

Next day while cooking my evening meal, I gazed at the open refrigerator and saw capsicum and cottage cheese. I knew what I had to cook. I quickly marinated the paneer , capsicums and onion for Tikka. After marinating these for about 30 minutes I stringed these into the skewers. I rolled the left over pizza dough, applied some purée to it and wrapped this over the tikkas, and put them to bake.


A new dish evolved.
Here is how I made these..
1/2 recipe pizza dough (coming soon )
4 tbsp pizza purée
4 large pieces paneer rectangles
Few capsicum and onion cubes


For the marinade
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp mix of garam maslala and chaat masala
2 tbsp thick yogurt.
Place paneer, capsicum and onion in a flat tray.
Sprinkle the spices , ginger garlic paste and yogurt.
Mix and keep aside for 30 minutes.

Preheat a oven at 180 for 10 minutes.
Taking a metal skewer, thread the paneer, capsicum and onion alternately.
Roll the pizza dough lengthwise .
Cut a long strip from it and apply purée to it.
Rotate the dough strip over the threaded paneer skewer.
Brush it with some olive oil.
Bake till done.



Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Very innovative! The colors look great and the dish looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is an interesting idea with pizza dough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so creatively done Vaishali..would love to dig into this...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, u think always out of the box, this pizza tikka is fantabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what an innovative and tempting tikkas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is yum. How I wish we can eat this now for there is nothing like good food and time spent with a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow a very innovative dish...looks so tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is probably the most innovative pizza I've ever seen. It looks so tempting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously! I would have never even imagined this innovative dish. Such a fun party food this could be.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an innovative pizza recipe! You are a pro Vaishlai!!!

    ReplyDelete