Beet Root Hummus

BM # 48 Week 2 Day 2

Recently I went for lunch with some friends . The lunch was Indian but they had a huge spread of Middle Eastern dips. I have always been very fond of this cuisne,and since there was a big spread of these dips, I did not feel like having the main course. The Beet root hummus looked the prettiest and attracted everyone. It tasted as good. I have tried pumpkin hummus ,which also tastes awesome, but I was sold out to the vibrant beauty.This is my Day 2 post under the Middle East Cuisine theme.


200 gms chickpeas , boiled and water drained
2 beetroots (peeled, boiled until soft) 
2-3 cloves garlic (crushed or chopped) 
1/2 lemon juice 
1/4 cup olive oil 
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tb sp curd
2 tsp tahini paste
Salt to taste
Boil the chick peas till tender.
Drain, reserve the water and use it in your gravy or for binding flour.
In a blender add all ingredients and blend to a smooth paste.
Empty in a bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#48

Labels: , ,