Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Masala Papad

BM # 49  Week 3  Day 1



When we go down to restaurants and by the time we place our order and it is served we always order some quick bites which can be served right away, yes this is the theme for this week of BM . Accompaniments at a restaurant.


For the first day I am serving Masala Papad. This is something which I really like, for me I relish it quite often . I normally have my lunch at home and while coming back from restaurant , yes that's my work place I sometimes order a masala papad, so it keeps me going by the time I reach home. This papad is normally fried, but I prefer it roasted.This should be served right away as it becomes soggy . So the next time you go to an Indian restaurant don't forget to order a masala papad...or wait, why don't you make one right away it will take only a few minutes.



Masala Papad
2 papads, fried or roasted
1/2 cup mix of onion, tomato, cucumber.
Coriander leaves
Chaat masala

Roast or fry the Papad.
Sprinkle theonion mix.
Sprinkle coriander leaves, Chaat masala .
Serve immediately.



Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Just cant take my eyes from ur masala papads, hard to resist to my all time favourite papads..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of this variation of papad. Sounds delicious. I am sure my papad loving family would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Indian version of chips and pico de gallo. I love this in Indian restaurants and fill myself up with this masala papad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy choice. The first thing that came to my mind when I was doing this theme was this masala papad. However I have never seen this being served free and I had to let it go. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious choice and this is one of the first items we order at restaurants,, but love them at road side shops too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how delicious this would be. Just did last for last week's BM. Yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even my choice is this..and we have this served on the house in our club restaurant..yours look so good Vaishali..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy choice... Yes I have often seen in restaurants masala papad served this way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is our favorite appetizer too!! My bro is so crazy for this he usually orders 2 for himself!! :) Looks very fresh and colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! so colorful and my favorite accompaniment too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this masala papad. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have had this in many restaurants in India during the late '90s and I am in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love masala papad. Yours looks tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know what I thought when I saw the first photo....uttapam. It looks so so good. Irresistible and lovely colors. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a tasty and addictive snack. Love it anytime.

    ReplyDelete