Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Paushtic Roti

BM # 49  Week 2  Day 2

Paushtic Paratha is my Day 2 recipe under the Indian Bread Basket theme. This recipe is also from the treasure of Tarla Dalal. The roti was different, but surely had the flavor of potatoes. It turned out very soft , but somehow I could not roll it as the dough was very soft. I patted it with my hands normally the dough should not be as soft,, but I left it for an hour after kneading and the salt in it must have oozed out the moisture.
So if you make these , make your rotis right away for better rolling, else you can hand toss them like me. The hand tossed rotis looked more rustic and tasted real good.


Paushtic Paratha
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup gram flour
2 boiled potatoes
1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp nigella seeds
Few mint leaves
Milk for binding the dough
Mix all ingredients and make a soft smooth dough.
Divide the dough into equal portions, and roll each into a flat disc.
Cook on a griddle with ghee or oil.


Pin It

15 comments:

  1. I too made this from TD's collection. The dough was indeed very soft and I used extra flour to dust while rolling it out. Love the rustic look of these parathas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how hearty these parathas are! I am seeing this recipe for the first time...It is a keeper recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new recipe to me.... Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very different combo of Flours n potato. Wonder how you so well hand-tossed. Will try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow the other ingredients aren't visible outside and I thought you had stuffed into the dough..very nice and quick one to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too make things from Tarla Dalal website and would say your rotis look very rustic just like mom used to make on clay tawa

    ReplyDelete
  7. They re looking like stuffed parathas going by the looks. :) Indeed they are pausthik.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy n tasty. Something like aloo palak parAtha.. Addition of gram flour is nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paratha looks very yummy. Must have tasted great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally agree that they are paushtic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting rotis, am hearing it for the first time..Looks and sounds almost like our aloo paratha na..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great article with excellent idea! I appreciate your post. Thanks so much and let keep on sharing your stuffs keep it up.
    spiritual food

    ReplyDelete