Savoury Peas Paratha

BM # 49  Week 2 Day 1

When Valli announced the theme Bread Basket , all I could think was of the Tandoori Roti, Lacha Paratha, Missi roti. The bread basket which is generally served at a restaurant table. I had to push my thoughts to post something different. I stood in front of my library which has 90% Tarla Dalal's cookery books, removed the book titled Parathe and chose two recipes from it.

The savoury Peas Parathas is one of them. These rotis were very interesting , and different from my regular Peas Parathas. The onion seeds and fennel seeds give it a very unique flavor and we loved it. I am sure this could also be taken for our journeys, packed in lunch boxes. For a person like me, I would be happy to have a couple of these for my lunch.



Savoury Peas Paratha
4-6 tbsp whole wheat flour
Pinch asafoetida
1 tsp dry mango powder
1 tbsp oil

For paste
1 cup green peas
1/2 tsp nigella seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp fennel seeds
2 green chillies
1 tbsp coriander leaves
Make a coarse or smooth paste of the above ingredients.
Heat oil.
Add asafoetida and sauté the paste till dry.
Add the dry mango powder and salt.Saute for another minute.
Cool the mix .
Add the flour to the mix and bind into a dough.
Divide into equal portions and roast them on a griddle using ghee lavishly.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#49

Labels: ,