Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Grilled Cottage Cheese Toast

BM # 50  Week 4  Day 1

For the last week of BM # 50 I my theme is choose one ingredient and cook three dishes in different categories.I chose cottage cheese or Paneer as we call it here.For the first day it is a paneer toast. Paneer toast has lots and lots of memories. The minute I talk of it I remember my dad. This was his everyday breakfast with ketchup. Mom used to make fresh paneer every day and keep it very simple with a little onion, green chilly and coriander. I don't think I have made this one since a long time now, while choosing Paneer recipes I immediately remembered dad and thus this recipe.


Paneer Toast
1/4 cup grated cottage cheese
1 tsp onion, finely chopped
1 green chilly , finely chopped
Coriander leaves, finely chopped
Mint leaves, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Bread
Butter
Apply butter to both the slices.
Mix all the ingredients and prepare a filling for the toast.
Stuff the filling between two buttered slices and grill the toast till crisp.
Serve with ketchup.


Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Love those grill marks on the sandwich . Nice filling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presentation is awesome... Delicious and filling sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Usha said love those grill marks,absolutely delicious looking sandwich...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too love those grill marks and cottage cheese yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice grilled sandwich.. Looks yummy,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems to be cheese sandwich is the dish of the day. Love the grill marks on your sandwich and the interesting variation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a simple but flavorful sandwich. And happy memories must make it even better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dont tempt me like this Vaishali..am just drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess even I haven't shared this one, though I used to make it so often..very nice knowing about your dad loving this..and you got such perfect lines!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those grill marks and that colors, beautiful and delicious sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy looking paneer stuffed grilled cheese sandwich. Lovely grill marks you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the filling and the grill marks made a beautiful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The grill marks and paneer makes this toast divine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't tempt me thus ... Looks awesome ..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy memories right!The toast looks so good Vaishali. Will try for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just going back to see your picture! Such a lovely click and awesome grill marks :)

    ReplyDelete