Vegetarian Dagwood Sandwich

   BM #  50 Week 3  Day 2

A Dagwood (sandwich) is a tall, multi-layered sandwich made with a variety of meats, cheeses and condiments. It was named after Dagwood Bumstead, a central character in the comic strip Blondie, who is frequently illustrated making enormous sandwiches. According to Blondie scripter Dean Young, his father, Chic Young, began drawing the huge sandwiches in the comic strip during 1936.
As quoted by wiki

For Day 3 I choose to make a Dagwood Sandwich under the theme American Sandwiches. I was quite taken by this multi layered sandwich. The original sandwich has meat and cheese, but of course mine is a vegetarian version . I checked what the vegetarian version said..it had pickled and marinated veggies, but I decided to make my version. I went according to the street sandwich ingredients that we get here. We get a vegetable sandwich with all possible veggies in it. 

I used 9 slices for the sandwich and used green cabbage, purple cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, beetroots , pickled jalapeƱos. I added a few layers of cheese and a layer of mayonnaise. I used salt,chilly flakes, basil , pepper as the herbs. It surely was a massive sandwich. We love fries with our sandwiches so I made some of those too.

I served this sandwich for the evening snack . We were just two of us to share, my niece and me. After clicking, we decided to eat , for a while we could not even eat a bite, such a huge sandwich, we went into peels of laughter. Finally I got a big knife and cut the sandwich through and through getting it into pieces. 

It surely was loads of fun and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We were so full that we both skipped our dinner, this inspite of passing some to the house boy.



Here is how I assembled the sandwich
9 bread slices

Butter
Cheese slices
Mayonnaise
Cucumber
Purple cabbage
Green Cabbage
Onions
Beetroot
Tomatoes
JalapeƱos

Herbs
Chilly flakes
Black pepper
Salt
Olive to top it up.

Any variety of bread can be used.
Veggies could be added  any order that you wish.
After stacking the sandwich , take a fine wooden skewer and thread an olive .
Enjoy the sandwich.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#50

Labels: , , ,