Thursday, April 9, 2015

Eggless Fresh Orange Cake with Chocolate Chips

BM # 51
Week : 2, Day : 4
Theme : Baking
Theme of the week: Tea Cakes

I am not a fruit person, but when it comes to bakes, I love the citrusy flavors a lot. Orange is almost my favorite, almost because I love lemon too, of course chocolate dominates all flavors. So while making this orange cake I used fresh orange juice and added some chocolate chips to satisfy my chocolate cravings along with that citrus flavor. So for Day 4 it is a Orange Cake with Chocolate Chips.

The cake is made with whole wheat flour, but can be substituted with APF or one can use half and half. The wheat based cakes are comparatively dense but I know if I would make with APF no one would eat. 
The cake turned out very soft and tasted divine, I drizzled some chocolate and piped out some cream before serving. 


Fresh Orange cake with Chocolate Chips
1 cup whole wheat flour 
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
a pinch of salt 
1 cup orange juice 
½ cup powdered sugar 
¼ cup oil 
½ tsp orange zest
1 tbsp eggless vanilla custard powder
Few drops orange food color
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. 
Serve flour with custard powder, a pinch of salt, ½ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda. keep this sieved mixture aside.
Mix sugar and oil and beat till creamy.
Add fresh or canned orange juice to the mixture
Mix well.
Add the sieved flour, orange zest and a little bit of orange food color.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Bake at 180 degrees for 30 -35 minutes or till done.




Pin It

22 comments:

  1. Yummy cake Vaishali.. I love citrus in bakes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful deep orange collor and soft moist crumb inside...this cake looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love virus flavors and the cake looks moist and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange and chocolate is an awesome combination for a cake. I love citrus flavor in bakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried lemon in cakes before, but dont recall an orange based cake. Its hard to tell from the picture that these are whole wheat, because it looks perfectly spongy and light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cream do you use for piping? does the amul cream whip up to piping consistency?

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Amul does not whip up, I normally use Riches , this is soya cream which is sweetened.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so decadent ! My family would love it .. And the black coloured platters look very good - am trying to hunt them down everywhere I go ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kalyani the big brown plate is from Denmark, long back my brother got it for mom, and since I loved it so much i took from her. The smaller plates are from an exhibition. Try Fab India, they have rustic stuff !

      Delete
  9. Orange and chocolate combo sounds really delicious and love the citrus flavor..perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The rustic plates look adorable. And the citrus flavors in cakes - one of my fav!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow.. amazing clicks. Love the citrus flavor in the bakes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its a real pleasure to see everytime your set up and presentation vaishali, u must teach me how to present a dish.. Orange cake drizzled with chocolate sauce, a killer combo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful presentation again. !!I need to start baking with whole wheat and somehow cant get over the mental block.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely setup vaishali, it looks so bright and beautiful and me too love that plate!! The cake is so sinful with that drizzle on top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of how good this cake must have tasted. Orange & chocolate is a dynamite combination and the cake looks absolutely stunning. Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Classic combo of orange and chocolate, very delicious cake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love orange in cakes..the cake looks decadent!..very sinful all together Vaishali!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The last pic looks so inviting Vaishali! This cake is such a yum combo! And love your plate:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning presentation! Looks awesome Vaishali and I just love the flavor of orange and chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Orange and chocolate are match made in heaven. This looks like a delicious slice of cake...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mmmmmmmm! Vaishali this is heaven on earth! The cke does not look dense at all

    ReplyDelete