Saturday, April 11, 2015

Eggless Fresh Strawberry Cake

BM # 51
Week : 2 , Day : 6
Theme : Baking
Theme of the week : Tea Cakes

Under tea cakes, today I have a strawberry cake.I used fresh strawberries with a wee bit of pink food color. Since I am a very very chocolaty person, baking with fruits was actually not my style, but after the cake came out of the oven it smelled heavenly. I could not wait to try. At the same time I wanted to make a dessert with this strawberry cake. Since the strawberries were in full bloom I made a simple dessert which was a total treat . I made only a small jar and it got over in minutes, something that I love. I hate when the dessert stays in the frig for more than a day.

I baked two cakes
I dusted the big one with icing sugar,  the smaller one I cut it up into slices .
I took a jar and placed one slice.
I layered it with whipped fresh cream.
Layered it with another slice of cake.
Next I added a layer of ganache, which is not very visible in the pics.
Topped again with some cream, and fresh sliced strawberries.
A strawberry trifle is ready.
Since this cake is made with fresh strawberries, it should be consumed soon.


Now coming to the cake recipe...

Fresh Strawberry Cake
2 cups APF
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3-4 tbsp castor sugar
11/2 cups condensed milk
250 gms strawberries
Few drops pink color
Sieve the flour with baking powder and baking soda.
Beat sugar and butter till creamy.
Add condensed milk .
Puree the strawberries, but make sure it's not too smooth.
Add some food color.
Now mix all liquid ingredients.
Add the sifted flour to the liquid mix and mix well.
Add a few drops of strawberry extract.
Mix and pour into greased and lined mould.
Bake at 180 deg C for about 40 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.




Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Delicious strawberry cake. To be honest, strawberry trifle is tempting me more than the plan strawberry cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one at home prefers berries in bakes since they turn mushy and so I tried once a cake pureeing strawberries. However I noticed that the flavor of the fruit was not that much prominent. Did it happen to you?
    Love the cake and that rich, decadent trifle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh delicious cake.. I am also a chocolate cake person, so prefer it over fruit cakes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are killing me with that trifle and pretty pink cake.. I want to grab and finish that trifle..

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that trifle, can i have it straight from the pics!! The color of the cake, looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberry cake looks so beautiful. Love that color. Only you can come up with such cute looking presentations Vaishali -- that little jar is so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the color and the presentation look great. The dessert with fresh cream is rich and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of them look good.loved d trifle :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that trifle Vaishali.Beautiful presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice presentation. Loved the jar deco

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the trifle in the background. Strawberry cake looks well done too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sending this across, what a lovely looking cake Vaishali!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the color of the cake, the trifle is yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nicely done Vaishali,love the pretty pink color of the cake..I am drooling over the trifle,looks fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cake looks super delicious and the trifle is just out of this world! I am so tempted to eat some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks absolutely delicious Vaishali. Both the cake and the dessert are so inviting...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look the lovely pink colour of the cake and the trifle looks yumm

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks yum. Its a trifle and cake to die for.

    ReplyDelete