Orange Nutella Oatmeal Bars

BM # 51
Week 3,Day : 5
Theme : Baking
Theme of the week: Healthy Bars and Biscuits

Day 5,week 3,and I have another healthy bar. You guys know that chocolate and orange is a favorite combo for me and these are the ingredients of today's bars.The original recipe had raspberry but I tweaked it and used orange marmalade with Nutella and chocolate chips. Later I felt I could have even used cooking chocolate , not that I was not happy with these. I loved the flavors , the only mistake I did was while slicing them into pieces, I used a crinkle knife, which made them look uneven. I was not happy with the pieces, but that did not alter the taste, taste was as good. The best part is these have a good shelf life too , so one can make these and pack and leave them in the frig for months.



Orange Nutella Oatmeal Bars
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup quick rolling oats
1/2 cup butter, soft
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1/4 cup choco chips
Pre heat the oven to 180 deg.
Grease a 8 or 9" square pan.
Combine brown sugar,baking soda,salt and oats.
Add butter and using your hands, create a crumbly mixture.
Press 2/3 of the mixture at the bottom of the prepared pan.
Spread the marmalade.
Spread a layer of Nutella.
Spread the choco chips.
Spread the rest of the crumb mixture over the top and lightly press it into the pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow it to cool before cutting.
 



Also linking it to Valli's Anniversary Mela


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 51



An InLinkz Link-up

Labels: ,