Thursday, June 25, 2015

Apple Fritters with Chocolate Sauce

BM # 53   Week 4   Day2

Apple fritters are one of the most common fritters but one of the most delicious ones, if served with right accompaniments. I like them with chocolate sauce, but the serving options are many. You could serve with ice cream. Enjoy them with dusted sugar or they taste awesome with custard too. I did not add any sugar to the batter, and so I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar and served with chocolate sauce.
These Apple fritters are for my Day 2 post under Fritters.

Apple Fritters
2 apples
Juice of one lemon
1/2 cup APF
1/4 tsp baking soda
Chilled water for making batter

Cut the apples cross ways into 1 cm-thick rings. Toss with the lemon juice and set aside.
Make a smooth batter with flour , baking soda and chilled water.
Dip the apple rings in batter, a few at a time, until completely coated, shake off excess, then carefully drop into the hot oil.
Cook for 1-2 minutes until golden on one side,, flip them over and fry them till golden
Remove, drain on paper towel then keep warm in a low oven while you fry remaining apple rings.
Dust with icing sugar , I used some cinnamon sugar too and dwith chocolate sauce.



Notes
Peeling and coring the apples is a personal choice. Since I do not like to peel them,
I soak the apples in water for a good 2-3 hours, changing water once or twice., but if you are pressed of time, you could peel them and cut.

I did not core the apples as I like proper slices of fritters, I did not want the donut look but you could core them if you wish.

The fritters taste best with Green Apples, since I did not get them , I made these with Red Apples.
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I think I have some green apples. Let me try this fritter...just wondering about the taste..tangy, sweet...oh! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this best with chocolate too..:)..very nicely done Vaishali...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple fritters I haven't tried yet. Looks inviting, love to do soon.Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful fritters..yum with chocolate sauce..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow those apple fritters with chocolate sauce look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. havent made these yet.. would like to pan fry these for the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am taking the first flight out to just eat these Vaishali..... they are yum

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve these fritters, looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy! Love the sweet crunchy apple in every bite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dont torture me like, wat a super delicious fritters..

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOH would love to dig into these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fritters. Paired with chocolate sauce just makes it sinful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chocolate and apples! Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete