Monday, August 24, 2015

Moong Daal Dosa

BM # 55  Week 4  Day 1

We start with the last week in August and for the next three days I shall be making Healthy Dinners.

For the very first day I have an interesting Dosa for you.
Normally urad daal is used to make dosas, but these are made with moong daal. These are my hubby's favorite dosas and my daughter makes them whenever she is in India.These are not as crisp as the urad daal ones, but definitely take the cake away with that garlic chutney spread and a  little butter of course does wonders.

The Chutney and Sambar are the usual ones that I make .



Dosa Batter

Ingredients

3 cups rice
1 cup moong daal

Method
Wash and soak the rice and daal separately.
Soak  for at least 3 hours.
Grind to a fine paste.
Add salt.
I do not ferment this batter, but if you wish to you can ferment for a few hours.
Heat a griddle and put a ladle full of the batter.
Rotate into a circular motion and make dosas.
Drizzle oil/ butter/ ghee if you wish to.
Apply some garlic chutney.
Sprinkle a tsp of raw onions.
Crisp dosas are ready to be served.


Sambar

Chutney
The chutney is same as Curry leaves chutney that I make, only this one has very few curry leaves.

Garlic Chutney




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow looks yummy and healthy. .hope you would link it to my event for healthy breakfast for kids..cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so sinful and is welcome anytime of the day Vaishali!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moong dal dosa looks yummy.. With urad dal and moong dal have tasted great.. Healthy and easy recipe for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your moong dal dosas are so tempting with that chutney smeared on top --- my mouth is watering looking at the clicks. Will have to make this sometime soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and soft dosa, a perfect healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks lovely....one of my favorite dosas

    ReplyDelete