Monday, August 10, 2015

Tiramisu in a jar

BM # 55  Week 2  Day 1

I have always been fond of western desserts, but somehow unless there is a get together or a party, I don't make these. This time I had no party, my DIL wanted to eat a Tiramisu and I had baked a sponge so decided to make two servings. I have made a Tiramisu for Eggless Bakers Group, but that was long back and it was a proper cake. This time I have made some changes , but yet. Tiramisu is a Tiramisu, and can't change much. Right?
Coming to today's Tiramisu, I had some ready Marscarpone Cheese , which was very handy, not that it is difficult to make your own . I used a combination of both whipped cream and Marscarpone cheese.

This is my week 2 post under Non Baked Desserts.



Here is what you need
Vanilla sponge cake
Coffee decoction
A mix of Marscarpone Cheese and whipped cream
Praline

Here is how I made
Since I made in jars I cut the cake into slices and then cut it with a cookie cutter to get circles.
Dip the round cake slices into coffee decoction and make the first layer.
Fill the cream mix into a piping bag and pipe out a layer on the cake.
Sprinkle praline.
( you could use any brittle for this, just pound it roughly )
Put another cake slice dipped into decoction.
Repeat a layer of cream.
Sprinkle some coffee powder to finish off.


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. It's an impressive dessert Vaishali :-). Looks cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks super delicious Vaishali!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. quite a departure from the traditional but looks so yummy - must have tasted delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried Tiramasu yet.. Love to try soon.. This looks super yummy.. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember your tiramisu cake and this version in the jar looks so inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my fav dessert, looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome dessert. One of my husband's favorite :-) Do you have the recipe for the sponge cake on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing....plus very cute jars!

    ReplyDelete