Saturday, September 26, 2015

Aaloo Paratha


Aaloo paratha is one of the most popular breakfast of North Indians. These are prepared in numerous styles , but how ever they are prepared they are relished by everyone. Ideally fried in desi ghee and served with fresh chilled curd they are a treat .

With me, the Aloo Parathas have nostalgic memories. I remember a sardar's dhabba which was near our school who served amazing Aaloo Parathas.We were not allowed to step out of school, but the Parathas were such an addiction that we bunked school.Those days were different, somehow at times we could bunk a class before school. 

Coming back to Aaloo Parathas, this version is a special version, my DIL has introduced this and we all really enjoy them. I have at least 5-6 versions of Aloo Parathas, which I shall share sometime later. I have used 11/2 cups boiled potato for two Parathas, which is a little more than the normal mixture a person would normally use, but I really stuff them well and make them big. The North Indian Paratha is nice and big and for a person like me one Paratha should be more than enough.



Aaloo Paratha
Makes : 2 Parathas

Ingredients for stuffing
11/2 cups boiled, mashed potatoes
2 tbsp oil + ghee for cooking Paratha
A small pinch mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
1/4 tsp dry mango powder
1/8 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chilly, finely chopped
Coriander leaves
Salt to taste


Method
Heat oil.
Add mustard seeds.let splutter.
Add curry leaves.
Add turmeric powder.
Immediately add the boiled, mashed potatoes.
Add dry mango powder, green chilly, coriander leaves and salt.
Mix well.
Switch off the gas and let the mix come to room temperature.

How to stuff and fry Parathas


Aaloo Paratha is a part of the Indian Breakfast that I served for Buffet on Table.
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. Love to read about the memories.My MIL also makes big Punjabi style parathas and I could only eat one of the.Addition of mustard and curry leaves sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My neighbor use to make aloo paratha almost every other day and use to taste very good with dahi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you made an entire spread of so many breakfast items on one day!!! hats off...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting to note that the stuffing uses curry leaves!..Yes even though I have some handful of ways to make aloo paratha, I have stayed away from adding curry leaves, but I know its a must try version..very very sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another version of aloo paratha to try ..Yum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great yaar. Perfect breakfast with a cup of chaas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. anythign for this.. yet to have breakfast.... and this version with curry leaves is what my mom used to make and we used to make fun of her... now see, its a celebrated recipe :) thats life I guess !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, love your super loaded aloo paratha. Makes my mouth water just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What is there not to like in there, Vaishali?

    ReplyDelete