1 cup boiled beans
1 tsp butter
2 tsp onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp roasted oats , ground to a powder
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
Salt to taste
( you might not require salt as the beans have salt and we are using sea salt also )
Method
Place a pan on slow heat and add butter.
Immediately add onions and ginger garlic paste.
Toss till the onion is translucent.
Add the boiled beans.
Mash with a potato masher.
Add all the spices and powdered oats.
Remove from fire .
Let cool.
Mix well and form a patty.
Shallow fry the Patty.
Brown Sauce
Ingredients
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup broth ( I reserved the water of the beans after boiling )
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp green chilly
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar
Pinch white pepper
Salt to taste
Method
Place a pan on medium heat and add butter.
Add a tbsp of garlic and Saute till pink.
Add green chilly .
Add the flour and roast in butter till the raw smell is gone.
Add the broth.
Add soy sauce, vinegar and salt.
Let boil for a couple of minutes till the sauce is slightly thick.
Assembling Loco Moco
Place steamed rice in a bowl.
Pour the prepared sauce.
Place the Patty.
Top with an egg, sunny side up.
Well since I could not fry an egg, I made a mock egg with cottage cheese.the egg did not look as good and later I felt I could have definitely done a better job with it. I used a little salt in the cottage cheese, used a wee bit yellow food color for the yolk. Like the real egg the mock egg provided the protein too.