Monday, January 25, 2016

Eggless Lemon Cookies


BM # 60
Week :4 , Day: 2
Theme: Baked Snacks

For the second day under Baked Snacks, I have some Lemon Cookies from Gayathri's blog. I had loved these cookies when she had made them for the mega marathon. I loved the imprint on them, but unfortunately couldn't get that same effect. The original recipe had lemon cream, but I omitted that , I simply made lemon flavored. I must say that these cookies vanished right away and I wish I had made more. Doesn't that prove that these taste awesome. Thank Gayathri, these were totally addictive.


Ingredients

2 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cups caster sugar
1 cup butter
2 tbsp milk
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Cream together butter, sugar and lemon zest.
Add the milk and lemon juice and beat until fluffy.
Add the flour and mix to form a soft dough.
Make small lemon sized balls and place them on a greased baking tray. 
With the flat side of a tumbler, press the ball to make it flat. 
I inverted a Hello Kitty muffin mould to get the design on top, but somehow it didn't print well.
Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer to wire rack and allow it to cool completely.



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Yummy snacks to go with a hot cup of black coffee...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have to give these a try! Bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prefect cookies to munch with a cup of hot chocolate, just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemon cookies looks perfect.Love the crackled edges of the cookies.Bookmarking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon cookies sound soooo flavorful and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing. Bookmarking all these eggless bakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy cookies - perfect with a hint of lemon :)

    ReplyDelete