Friday, April 29, 2016

Y - Yogurt Fruit Cocktail / Matho


BM # 63
Day;25
Theme: Regional Cuisine 
Cuisine : Sindhi

Now this is one alphabet which left me with sleepless nights. My maximum research was for the alphabet 'Y '. I thought of using the English word Yogurt, but since I was doing sweets I dropped it. It was on one of my chats with Alka that she hit the nail on the head. She told me that we have a Matho which is sweet and I could use it under Y. She gave me the recipe which is by Dr. Aroona Reejhsinghani, who is a famous writer with 226 books ! I am also linking this post to the A-Z Challenge.

I used the recipe but tweeted a little by adding some fresh fruit to it. While doing Buffet on the Table, I did a post on Thadri the Sindhi festival,a festival where we cook a day prior to the festival. On Thadri day no fire is lit. This Matho is a part of the Thadri Menu. Some families make salty Matho, while some make sweet. This Matho has a hint of salt, pepper and mustard along with sugar. It also has gram flour vermecilli, which is mildly salted, but without any other spice and is easily available in the stores as Bhel Sev . The Matho needs a little resting time for the flavors to infuse.

For me trying a Matho with salt and sugar , spices ,fruits and nuts was totally new and truly delicious.



Yogurt fruit cocktail / Fruit Matho

Ingredients
21/2 cups curd, whisked
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp coriander leaves
1 cup gram flour strings, Sev
2 tbsp sliced pistachios
2 tbsp raisins
Few grapes

Method
Beat the curd with 3 cups of water.
Add all spices.
Mix well, adding the rest of ingredients.
Let stand for at least 30 mins for flavors to infuse.
Serve chilled.
Garnish with fruit and nuts.






Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 63


Pin It

15 comments:

  1. Mmmm - looks so good. Anything with yoghurt tempts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweet sounds fantastic Vaishali..with so many different flavours adding in..too good..

    ReplyDelete
  3. J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
    Have you enjoyed the challenge? Did you hop to other blogs? The end of the alphabet here! Reflections sign up is May 9-- mark a calendar.
    My blog's giveaway is still going. I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops.
    http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
    Looks yummy. I'd definitely try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is so new to me. The combination of spices, fruits and curds sound delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a different and unique dish, completely irresistible and love all the ingredients went in it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all the ingredients went in.. very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trying to imagine how this tastes as it is a spicy sweet cocktail. It looks delicious and lively presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spicy tangy n tasty with all d fruits !! Very new dish

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very very interesting dish with both salty and sweet flavors. Lovely presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yogurt cocktail looks wonderful and I love the setup and clicks.Amazing Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very unusual dish, i thought it was like parfait then shrikhand, then fruit yogurt but with coriander and sev this is amazing, good research

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely recipe Vaishali and I can't imagine you spending sleepless nights :) You are just a treasure of recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely pick Vaishali. I make this pretty often too :)

    ReplyDelete