Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Besan wali Mirch


BM # 64
Week : 1 , Day: 2
Theme: Pickles and Preserves
Cuisine : Rajasthani

After working on a month long Marathon of sweets in our Journey through Cuisines, we definitely needed something hot and spicy. So I begin the BM 64 with a spicy note. For the first week I have chosen to make Pickles and Preserves.

The Besan wali Mirch is a chilly from Rajathani Cuisine and adds a zing to the regular meal. I love it when I find the food boring or bland. The mirch can be any quality, you could use spicy ones, milder ones, all depending on your taste and availability. This recipe is so quick and instant and equally delicious that you would go right away to get it done. I don't know if I can call it a pickle or a preserve, but it definitely has a good shelf life of a good fifteen days, may be more in cool climate. You surely need to refrigerate it.

Besan waali Mirch

Ingredients
10-12 green chillies
2 tbsp Besan
Salt to taste
1/8 tsp coriander powder
1/8 tsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp dry mango powder
2 tsp oil

Method
Wash and wipe the chillies.
Make a slit, making sure you do not slit through, leave the chilly intact.
Mix all the spices with Besan.
Stuff the mix in the chillies.
Heat a pan , add oil and place the chillies.
Cover and cook on slow flame.
Sprinkle some water, to avoid burning.
They should be done under 10 minutes.

Note: You can leave them outside for about 2 days but if you store in a refrigerator they might last you over 15 days.
Pin It

18 comments:

  1. It is definitely on the spicy side and sounds like stuffed vrggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a delightful quick recipe for anyone who loves stuffed chili peppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will last in my place if Apeksha does not see it. Looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying this today, Vaishali. It sounds amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spicy chili makes the meal more appetizing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats surely something that will get you going..very nicely done Vaishali...we too make a similar stuffed chili instant wala!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats such a nice quick recipe and looks so flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Slurp slurp, my mouth is just watering here, what a fantastic stuffed chillies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mouthwatering!we all love this very much.. Stuffed chillies looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These beauties are really spicy yet tempting. Going to try them soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Instant pickles - my types :) will try this soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This pickle looks amazing and I would finish off the whole bottle myself. Wonderful recipe Vaishali and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that stuffing must make chillies so flavorful - I just hope I would be able to stand the heat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Besan stuffed mirchi looks tempting.Nice start after those lavish sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! this is something my husband would definitely love to have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum, yumm!! These besan mirchi look soooo spicy & delicious. My husband would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this will be perfect for making when my mom visits!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Vaishali I am trying this out tomoro. Looks very inviting

    ReplyDelete