Thursday, May 19, 2016

Gur aur Til ki Roti / Jaggery and Sesame Bread


BM # 64 
Week :3, Day : 3 
Theme: Wheat Recipes


When it comes to shifting houses it can be really sad. Eight years back when we shifted from row houses to a bunglow, I was sad. Sad because I would be leaving my friends. Living in the same town one can always meet, but it is not the same. Ours was a group of three friends, a Maharashtrian , a Bengali and me , a Sindhi. All three foodies ! Unfortunately I was not blogging then. Anyway it was a couple of weeks back that we all decided to meet and these Gur aur Til rotis were made by the Maharashtrian friend. They were so delicious that I had to capture them and save on my blog. I would have made them myself, but my friends say , ''It is our blog as well, so what we cook can surely be posted !'' It is surely a blessing to have such wonderful friends.

Coming to these rotis, they are stuffed with jaggery, and the reason for adding the pounded sesame is to bind the mix well, else the jaggery will ooze out of the parathas .

Gur aur Til ki Roti
Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp oil
Warm water to knead the dough

Method
Add oil to the flour and bind the dough with warm water.
Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Apply oil and knead again.

Stuffing Ingredients
1/2 cup grated jaggery
5-6 toasted sesame seeds, slightly pounded or pulsed in a mixer
1/4 tsp Cardamon powder

Method
Grate the jaggery.
Add pounded sesame seeds and Cardamon powder.
Mix well.

Stuffing and Cooking the roti
Pinch out small balls from the dough.
Roll to a 6"disc.
Place the stuffing ball inside and bring the edges to the centre to seal.
Flatten the ball , dust. It lightly and roll back to 6" disc.
Cook on a griddle smearing it with ghee,flip over and cook again in the similar manner.
Serve hot from tava or make and keep.



Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#64



Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Aw how nice to have such wonderful friends!..those rotis look so sinful Vaishali..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is indeed a blessing to have such wonderful friends. gur aur til ki roti look sinfully delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this roti is calling me, absolutely irresistible. Fantastic Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaggery and sesame seeds roti looks absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friends are the best. I love jaggery rotis. They are one of my favorite recipes in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These rotis look so tasty. Love the combination of jaggery and sesame..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These rotis are drooling me.
    Jaggery and sesame rotis are devine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting and delicious rotis. Looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You cannot choose your relatives but friends yes. Having said that I deserve all these rotis. ;)

    ReplyDelete