Cabbage Salad


BM # 65
Week: 3, Day : 1
Theme: Soups and Salads

The theme for this week is Soups and Salads. Since I am not a soup person, I shall be making salads for all three days. Fortunately I had all three salads in my drafts, to tell you the truth except for a dish or two I have been using my drafts since the Mega Marathon. This folder will soon exhaust as I am not doing much these days. Coming back to salads this is a salad which is on the lines of The Thai Papaya Salad, but with cabbage. The taste is awesome and it will surely be a hit. Check out.


Cabbage salad

Ingredients
2 cups finely chopped cabbage
1tbsp carrots, grated
1 tbsp onion, sliced
1 tbsp capsicum, thinly sliced
1 tbsp French beans, sliced
1/4 cup peanuts, toasted and coarsely ground
1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 green chilly, pounded
1 tbsp vinegar
1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
Salt to taste
Tomato and coriander for garnishing
Method
Mix all ingredients , except the peanuts.
Place in the frig for at least half hour for the flavors to infuse.
Garnish and top with crushed peanuts.

Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#65

Labels: ,