Strawberry Slush


BM # 65
Week: 1, Day : 1
Theme: Summer Coolers

Summers here in Ahmadabad are killing, you actually need to vacate your frig and make place...make place for yourself ! The temperature has soared up to 48 degrees and standing next to a gas stove is like burning yourself, I just hate to get in the kitchen. Salads, summer coolers are the best at this time. So for this week I have a few summer coolers for you.

For the first day it is a strawberry slush. I had some strawberry pulp stored in my deep freeze , so it was done in a jiffy. Normally I used to add ice and pulp to the blender, but this time since I had the ice shaving machine, I shaved some ice, added sugar and the pulp, gave it a quick pulse, poured into a glass with some fresh basil leaves. It is such a soothing and refreshing drink and you will love it for sure. Do we need a recipe, no actually not but let me tell you how I made...


Strawberry Slush

Ingredients
1 cup shaved ice
1/4 cup chilled water
1 tbsp sugar, powdered
2 tbsp strawberry preserve
Basil leaves

Method
Except for basil leaves, put the rest of ingredients in a blender and give it a quick pulse.
Pour into a glass and garnish with basil leaves.
Enjoy.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#65

This post also goes to PJ who is hosting Kid's Delight this month.





Labels: ,