Cucumber Spaghetti Salad


BM # 66
Week: 2, Day : 1
Theme: Soups and Salad

Cucumbers are one of my favorite , and I love them with simple salt and lemon too. These are so cooling during summers that at times I feel like going on a cucumber diet. For this week I have chosen Soups and Salads as my theme and For the very first day I have a cucumber salad.this is a very simple and quick salad and tastes fantastic too. Well we do try to find recipes that are quick and taste equally good , right ? Well this is. One such recipe. Flat ten minutes, probably less ! I made the salad using Veggetti. The Veggetti is a spiral slicer and turns veggies into nice long spirals, which look like spaghetti.  I picked it up during my Japan trip. It is available here too and perhaps much cheaper than what I paid, but then a food blogger does get carried away by these kitchen accessories . Right ?

Coming to the salad

Cucumber Salad
Ingredients
2 cucumbers
Handful of pecans
Chilly strands

Dressing
1 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Method
Using the veggetti rotate the cucumber at one go, one can see the long noodles .
Place them in salted chilled water for 5-10 minutes.
Shake the dressing ingredients.
Drain the water from cucumbers and place them on the serving plate.
Sprinkle some crushed pecans.
Place the chilly strands .
( these are optional )
Pour the dressing and serve right away.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#66

Labels: ,