Monday, July 25, 2016

Poha Naariyal Ladoo


BM # 66
Week: 1 , Day : 2
Theme: Kids Lunch Box


Continuing with the theme of Kids Lunch Box , I have another ladoo today. This ladoo has been made with Poha or the beaten rice along with dried coconut. I added some pistachios and raisins which gave these ladoo an amazing flavor. Poha should be roasted on very slow flame till slightly crisp. I roasted the coconut too, but just for a couple of minutes.





Pohe Naariyal ke Ladoo

Ingredients
1 cup poha
1/2 cup coconut flakes
Sugar to taste
1/2 tsp Cardamon powder
Raisins
Finely chopped pistachios /almonds / cashews


Method

Roast the poha till nice and crisp.
Roast the coconut for a couple of minutes.
Saute the raisins in ghee, they should swell up.
Pulse the poha and coconut to a fine powder.
Add raisins, pistachios and Cardamon.
Add powdered sugar and mix well.
Now start adding ghee , add just enough for the ladoos to bind.




Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Love these poha laddoos. Quick and easy to make and sooo delicious. I'm going to try these with red poha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those perfect round ladoos.. wish I could grab them right from the screen. Bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such perfectly round ladoos. I wish I could taste them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and easy to make ladoo,you shaped the ladoo to a perfect round..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you pack me some rite now, feel like munching some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ladoo has turned out good. Love the presentation and the props you used.

    ReplyDelete