Walnut and Cranberry Ladoos


BM # 65
Week: 4, Day : 1
Theme: Kids Lunch Box

Priya Sri is a blogger friend who taught me an easy ladoo and ever since I am hooked on on these. I love to try new varieties and find an excuse to make these. Suma is another blogger friend who is a ladoo expert and whenever I see ladoos on her blog I drool and wish to grab them right from that screen. Anyway for this week we have Lunch Box for kids as our theme. I made these ladoos for a young friend who had a baby and she loved them to the core.I made three different types and yes, I shall be posting all three this week. The ladoos are healthy and filling and would make a perfect snack for kids lunch box.

For the very first day we have Oats, Walnut and Cranberry ladoos. I am not very fond of oats but somehow I love them in ladoos. So here is how I made these...


Walnut and Cranberry Ladoos

Ingredients
1 cup oats
1/4 cup sugar
Ghee for binding
Roughly chopped walnuts
Roughly ground cranberries

Method
Roast the oats till slightly crisp.
Transfer them to a mixer and powder them.
Remove in a tray.
Add chopped walnuts and cranberries, which have been slightly pulsed in a mixer.
We could add them without pulsing, but this way you get a cranberry flavor which is more prominent.
Add powdered sugar and ghee.
Bind them into lemon sized balls.
Store in an airtight container.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#66

Labels: ,