Saturday, September 10, 2016

Keema Pav


BM # 68
Day : 9
Theme : One Category - Bread Sandwiches
Sub Theme - Desi Fiesta



For the last day in the Pav series I have a Keema Pav. This is a vegetarian version made with soy granules. I have never been fond of soya but my family loves it and whenever Keema Pav is made everyone raves about it. They coax me to eat but I have my mind blocks and do not eat any such things that remind me of non veg food. No offense, but like I told you it is a mind block. Keema Pav happens to be a hot selling item at parties and weddings. The keema is displayed on a very big gridle and the Pav is served separately .



I decided to make a sandwich with he same concept. I added some onion rings and fried green chillies to this to give a twist and perhaps more delicious.



My son who is a big fan of soya keema simple loved this take and asked me to make it more often. The onion gave the crunch and the fried chilly gave a terrific zing. Do try this version and let me know how you liked it.


Keema Pav
Ingredients
Pav
Keema
Onion rings
Chopped fried green chillies

Keema

Ingredients
1/2 cup soya granules
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 large tomatoes, puréed
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp tandoori masala
Salt to taste

Method
Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10-15 minutes.
Drain the water and squeeze all excess water. Keep aside.
Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker.
Add onions and Saute them till pink.
Add the ginger garlic paste, Saute.
Add the soya granules and roast till they stick to the bottom of the cooker.
Add tomato purée and green chillies, Saute again till all moisture dries up .
Add all spices and Saute till oil separates.
Add about half cup water and pressure cook for two whistles.
Open the cooker after the pressure drops down.
Put the flame on and Saute again till all the moisture has dried up and oil separates.


Assembling the Keema Pav

Slit the Pav.
Plce a heap spoon of the keema inside the Pav.
Place onion rings and fried green chillies on top.
Press the upper layer a little and enjoy the Keema Pav with Green chutney and fried chillies.




Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Enjoyed all your desi sandwiches Vaishali. I love soya and this kheema pav sounds awesome. Next time if I choose a book marks theme, I am going to recreate all your pav recipes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I never knew kheema pav is an item served at partied and sold as chaat item but sometimes we just fill kheema in hot dog buns and eat. As a matter of fact, I often sandwich leftover curries with left over bread. Even I am not a big fan of soya but prefer soya granules over chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AM gonna make this keema pav very soon, i just love anything cooked with soya nuggest, my kind of food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too not a fan of soya chunks / veg kheema , but this cd be a big favourite to Nutrela soya lovers . Good series with the bread sandwiches

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a superb sandwich. Since my folks love sloppy joe, I am sure they will love this version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool recipe - always wanted hubby to taste keema pav, although we have tasted the vegetarian versions outside, never appreciated the overly buttered veg keema pavs....he has recently picked up on the soya granules...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love soya keema.Keema pav looks absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is a great idea.. I second harini.. for a sec I thought this is sloppy joes only. great vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have rocked this week with all your sandwiches. I have so many bookmarked and not sure when I will get to the.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I thought you have changed or I have landed at a wrong place when I saw Kheema pav. I love this and will try it on my two anmol ratan who will of course go gaga over Vaishali Aunty's cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love soy chunks and so, this caught my attention instantly. Will try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Soya based kheema sounds really amazing. Loved the dish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious, that green chutney & fried chilies make it droolicious!!! Awesome series Vaishali!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a flavorful and delicious soy kheema sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  15. To imagine there are so many varied fillings to the humble pav. All the desi sandwiches rock! Love this veg kheema sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely brilliant idea to have keema stuffed pav...too good Vaishali!

    ReplyDelete