Monday, September 19, 2016

Lava Loaf Sandwich


BM # 68
Day :16
Theme : One Category - Bread Sandwiches
Sub Theme - Sandwiches with a Twist

Cooking Carnival moves on to yet another week. 

This week I am making a variety of different sandwiches but with a slight twist. I have tried not to make the traditional sandwiches.For the first day of this week it is a Lava Loaf . 

This is made from a loaf which has been cut into a thick chunk. Getting a loaf here was a task for me , the bakery guys said they need to be told in advance. Normally the bread is always sliced. This year for Fathers Day we went to Mumbai to wish our uncle, and it was just for a couple of hours. We went for lunch with the family and had just about an hour before we could take our flight back. I quickly went to Natures Basket and picked up couple of breads. All different kind of breads , to present you guys with a different variety of sandwiches. I picked up some fresh herbs too, which are a rare sight here in Ahmadabad. So this bread is a special bread from Mumbai! 

Let me tell you about this sandwich.
It was on FB that my DIL saw a video, where a loaf was filled with various meats and eggs and baked. She suggested me to try the vegetarian version. My son came up with the option of pink sauce , and I knew I would add corn and capsicum to it. So the vegetarian version evolved and I made this loaf. After slicing the loaf the sauce oozed out and it reminded me of the Lava Cake, hence I named it  Lava Loaf Sandwich.



Lava Loaf Sandwich

Ingredients
One bread loaf, cut into a 5" chunks ( I made two of these sandwiches )
Save rest of the bread for some other sandwich
Butter
Stuffing
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Stuffing
1 cup pink sauce
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp red capsicum, finely chopped
2 tbsp green capsicum finely chopped
4 tbsp corn kernels, boiled
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt to taste

Pink Sauce is a mix of White and Red Sauce.


Method
Cut the loaf into 5" chunks.
Leaving about 1/2" from all sides scoop out the bread from the loaf, thus making a deep depression.
Apply butter lavishly inside this depression.
Fill it up with the prepared stuffing.
Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese and bake in a preheated oven till cheese melts.
Garnish .
Cut into two and you will get a wonderful lava of the stuffing oozing out.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


Pin It

20 comments:

  1. Wow, lava sandwich is innovative and I like your veg version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely adaptation :) looks tempting

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. So innovative too. Love that bread with oozing cheese..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one inviting sandwich,vegggie version sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a superb idea. Looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your commitment towards blogging. I sometimes find hard to visit even my neighborhood market. :)
    Loving this vegetarian creation of your's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks very inviting Vaishali - there is a south african bread where they do something similar...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Interesting Lava Sandwich Vaishali. Can't want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, this sandwich is just amazing. Ultimate creation and that oozing cheese makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Interesting Lava Sandwich Vaishali. Can't want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the sandwiches and the name is perfect too!! Lava is apt for this sinful delight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sandwich reminds me of the soup also served in the bread. Looks delicious and will try it in a Goan pao or une the thick crusted ones that you had liked.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an innovative sandwich Vaishali. Love the collaboration of ideas from the family to make this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is wonderful when a dish evolves with a little bit of contribution from everyone. This lava sandwich, aptly named, is a treat to behold

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful idea Vaishali, I guess all the bakers are the same, they slice the loaf right away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such an innovative idea!!!looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where do you even have time to think of these things. So amazing and this is something I would have never thought.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg mouthwatering looking lava loaf sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply superb!! What a filling loaf, absolutely tempting and delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete