Saturday, September 24, 2016

Sharjah Sandwich


BM # 68
Day: 21
Theme : One Category - Bread Sandwiches
Sub Theme - Sandwiches with a Twist


Sharjah is the name of a city in UAE. It has been a while since I visited this city though I visited Dubai recently. Our blogger friend Priya is from Sharjah. I have another friend from Sharjah who stayed in our building for a short time. It is this friend who introduced me to this Sharjah Sandwich. Yes, the sandwich is called the Sharjah Sandwich. I have never tasted it but made according to my friends instructions. Unfortunately Priya had not had this sandwich , but she was sweet enough to gather all possible information on it.

Coming to this sandwich , it's base is pita bread, the local bread of the Arabs. Since I was using only bread related sandwiches I made it with bread as the base.

The sandwich has a couple of samosas, French fries. A layer of chopped onions, tomato and green chillies and finally cheese. This is then grilled lightly and then cut into pieces. Wow doesn't the sandwich sound interesting ? It's a medley of flavors. The sandwich is enjoyed with a glass of tea. I used jumbo slices of bread for this sandwich and trust me it was one solid sandwich . I shared the sandwich with my hubby and yet could not eat my dinner, I was so full.

I made this sandwich for the 21 st day of Cooking Carnival.








Sharjah Sandwich

Ingredients
2 slices jumbo bread
Butter
10-12 pieces of French fries
Salt and pepper
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tomato , finely chopped
2 green chilly , finely chopped
Cheese, grated or cheese slice

Method
Apply butter to both the slices, do not remove the crust.
Crush two samosas and place on the first slice.
Top with French fries.
Sprinkle salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the chopped onions, tomatoes and green chilly.
Sprinkle salt.
Place a cheese slice and cover the whole sandwich with another buttered slice.
Grill the sandwich, cut into two pieces.
Serve hot with tea. You could serve tobasco as a hot sauce with it.





Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Sharjah sandwich, am hearing for the first time. And all those fried beauties went in for dishing out this sandwich makes me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful combo of fillings. Kids would love this Sandwich with all their favourites inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have tasted amazing with samosa and fries sandwiched with bread. And does look filling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This one is such a wonderful sandwich with all awesome fillings. I would love to taste this..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samosa in a soup first, now samosa in a sandwich ! Kya baat hain!! Badiya hain sandwich :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samosa😋my first foodie love😂😂... In a sandwich. Wow!! I'm already feeling hungry here. But mind it, I'm not going to share it with anybody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting sandwich. Loaded with calories though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg.. samosa, fries and cheese.. what a combo.. Unique and interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is one tempting and interesting sandwich with all that good stuff, stuffed in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sharjah sandwich,hearing for the first time.Absolutely delicious and tempting sandwich..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very very interesting sandwich Vaishali -- samosa and French fries between 2 slices of bread -- now, who can say no to this yummy yummy dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hearing these for the first time, but the filling looks so amazing. Samosas and french fries in one dish, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this! During my teenage years, I had this habit of eating fries and chips between bread slices and I was teased mercilessly for it. I feel so much better now. Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vaishali you are killing me now!..wow wow I am salivating right now..what a feast yaar..samosa is my first love and with fries and on sandwich..breathless!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My family loves eating samosa inside the bread. This sandwich looks so sinful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...never knew of this combination...drooling

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh God! This is a killer sandwich and I am dying to eat these :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. sinful is the word...and worth making it...bookmarking

    ReplyDelete