Monday, December 5, 2016

Mexican Basil Rice


BM # 71
Week 1, Day 3
Theme: Make a Meal



For the last day under Make a Meal theme I have a Mexican Meal. Sometimes I really can't decide which is my favorite cuisine, I enjoy eating Mexican, at the same time I like Chinese and I am a great fan of Italian, if a meal is well cooked it becomes favorite. How many favorites, is another story.



But for today it is a meal where I made Basil Rice , a Mexican curry and some stuffed chillies. Whenever I make. Mexican rice and curry, the curry recipe is the same. I just minus or plus the veggies in it. It is the rice that I like to change, and this time I made rice with fresh Basil leaves. I love the aroma and flavor of this herb, and the stuffed chillies well, I remember eating similar stuffed chillies in a Mexican restaurant in London and since then have been on my to do list, finally I made them.



So let's get to the recipe of Rice today

Mexican Basil Rice

Ingredients
2 cups rice, cooked with each grain separate
1 onion, chopped
1/2 green capsicum, finely chopped
1/2 red capsicum, finely chopped
1/2 yellow capsicum , finely chopped
1/2 cup boiled kidney beans
1/2 cup corn kernels, boiled
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Chilly flakes to taste
Salt to taste

Method
Heat some Olive oil.
Add onions , toss for a minute.
Add all capsicums and toss for a minute or two.
Add kidney beans, corn, chilly flakes and salt.
Mix well .
Add basil leaves and once again mix.
Cover and cook on slow fire for 2-3 minutes.
Serve hot with curry or enjoy as it is.



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Can smell the flavor of this Mexican rice rite from my lappy screen, those stuffed chillies are very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How flavorful and inviting looking Mexicn basil rice. Love the entire setup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a flavorful and colorful Mexican rice. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very flavorful rice. Love the whole spread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that entire setup you have there Vaishali..very very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the whole set up..those stuffed chilies look superb

    ReplyDelete