Rice Noodles


BM # 71
Week 4, Day 1
Theme; Pick an Ingredient and make three courses

Pick an ingredient and make three courses. Yes this is the theme for this week. It sounds easy right? No, actually it is not . Choosing the ingredient is tough. I chose a simple ingredient ' Rice' and have cooked it in different forms all three days.

Frankly speaking I chose Rice as I had all three recipes in my drafts and they worked perfect under the clauses Valli had put.

On the very first day I shall be serving Rice Noodles which I served for breakfast. This is a breakfast that my family likes and I normally make it with bare minimum spices. This time I changed and used a spice paste, which I had used for Masala Beans while cooking my Tamil Spread.

I remember my blogger friends using lot of Podis and I guess that is what influenced me to use the spice paste. The noodles tasted really good and everyone enjoyed this variation.


Rice Noodles
Ingredients
1 packet rice noodles
1/2 cup mixed vegetables ( grated carrot, beans and fresh peas)
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 onion, finely chopped
1 green chilly, finely chopped
1/2 a recipe of spice paste
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Method
Boil noodles with salt.
Drain in a colander and drizzle some oil over it.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add mustard seeds, green chilly and onions.
Saute the onion till light pink.
Add boiled veggies , spice paste, salt and lemon juice.
Immediately add the noodles.
Mix gently, simmer for 3-4 minutes and serve hot.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#71


Labels: , , ,