Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Black Bean Hummus



BM # 71
Week 1, Day 2
Theme : Dips, Chutneys and Spreads

With the Mega marathon we tend to learn many new dishes and while I took Sandwiches as my sub theme for Cooking Carnival I made this Black Bean Hummus as a spread for my bread sticks. The hummus tastes excellent and is a wonderful substitute to the original chickpea hummus.

The bean hummus is my Day 2 post under Dips, Chutneys and Spreads as my theme for the first week.

Black Bean Hummus

Ingredients
1 cup black beans , cooked or tinned 
4-6 cloves garlic 
2 tbsp olive oil 
2 tbsp vinegar 
1 tsp cumin seeds 
2 tbsp tahini 
Sea salt to taste 

Method
Blend all ingredients to a smooth paste. 
Remove in a bowl. 
Sprinkle red chilly powder. 
Drizzle olive oil lavishly.







Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Wow nice variation for hummus perfect to spread on any bread. those bread sticks looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am sure this black bean hummus will definitely please our tastebuds, and those bread sticks tempts me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful dip Vaishali, looks so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a yummy hummus with black beans. Those bread sticks with hummus and cheese look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such creamy and delicious dip,looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are huge fans of hummus here and I try to incorporate different flavors. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Hummas but never tried with black beans, nice variation Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice dip vaishali and those bread sticks looks so appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love black beans and I love hummus. Never thought of combining both of these together. I am definitely trying this soon Vaishali!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting blend for a hummus. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Protein packed and delicious bean hummous.

    ReplyDelete