Lemon Sauce


BM # 71
Week 1, Day 1
Theme : Dips, Chutneys and Spreads

Wishing all my friends a very Happy New Year. Time surely flies and with a blink of eye,2016 passed and 2017 has begun. December is always a very hectic month for me with my girls and family coming in. One reason for me not participating in Bake a thon, which requires posting every alternative day. I always have had a rich draft section so the January posts are easier to handle. This Lemon Sauce has been in my drafts since more than a year now and it is so so delicious that I could not skip documenting it.I make it often with my bakes.

I had served the sauce with Lemon Spice Cake which I made for Fire up your Oven
This was a Mega Marathon where we baked throughout the month. 




Lemon Sauce
Ingredients
11/2 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
5 tsp corn starch
Zest of 1 large lemon
3 tbsp lemon juice
Few drops yellow food color
1/2 tsp butter

Method
Put 1 cup water and sugar to boil.
Mix the rest of the 1/2 cup of water with corn starch, food color .
Once the sugar has melted, gradually add the cornstarch water.
Stir constantly.
Cook till the mixture is thick and clear.
Remove from fire and add lemon juice, zest and butter.
Serve the sauce warm over cakes or pancakes.


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#71



Labels: ,