Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Murmure ke Ladoo


BM # 72
Week 3, Day 2
Theme: Festival Recipes

For the second day under Festival Recipes I have Murmure ke Ladoo. Few years back every Lohri my neighbor friend used to send me all Lohri goodies, but since we both have shifted to different apartments, it is rather difficult to catch on these occasions. I remember the Murmure ke Ladoo that she used to make, they were awesome. I never thought of making. For a couple of years we got readymade ones, but this year I decided to make and from now on it is going to be Home made ones.

The Murmura Ladoos are one of the simplest ladoos that can be made. The art and taste lies in melting the jaggery . It should be always done on slow fire with constant stirring.The jaggery should be Amber colored , and a wonderful aroma should release before you add the Murmuras. Add a pinch of Cardamon powder to enhance the taste.

The ladoos should be binded quickly otherwise one lands up with a collected mass. One can either wet hands to bind else grease hands with ghee and bind. However you could heat the mix for a couple of mins again and then bind the rest.


Murmure ke Ladoo

Ingredients
11/2 cups kurmura
1/2 cup jaggery
1/4 tsp ghee
1/4 tsp Cardamon powder

Method
Dry roast the kurmura till crisp. Keep aside.
Break the jaggery into smaller pieces and put it in a non stick pan to melt.
Once melted let it turn golden.
Remove from fire.
Add the kurmure and mix well.
Wet your hands and pinch out about 2 tbsp of the mix.
Make it into a round ball.
Similarly make all ladoos.
The process of making ladoos should be quick as the jaggery stars drying.



Pin It

13 comments:

  1. We always make this for Karthigai Deepam festival in Tamil Nadu and we so love it. I had read that it is made for Lohri and since I already have the recipe, had to drop it. The puffed rice looks different though, must be the local variety changes state to state right..:)..wonderful one to snack on Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly made murmure laddoo Vaishali. I have to learn to make these desserts with jaggery/ sugar syrups.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly made murmura ladoo.Its in my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How perfectly made murmura ladoo. Looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All time favourite, feel like munching some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with valli. We do it for karthigai deepam with murmura and also with nel pori which is different from this one.. awesome recipe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love the murmure ke ladoo that they have outside the schools back in UP. I used to bring money from home to buy some after school ends. It was actually one of the reason why I enjoyed going to school. Your ladoo reminds me of those days and I am ready to come over to your house to taste some :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Valli said,we too make them on Karthigai Deepam.Perfectly made Vaishali.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Murmura Chikki. Your version looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I somehow never made this laddu as my kids never showed any special liking to it. Some day I should make a small batch just for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious vaishali, we make it for kaarthigai deepam every year.

    ReplyDelete