Hash Browns


Hash browns are a breakfast favorite with most of us. When ever we go on holidays I always pick up continental breakfast at the hotels. My first attack is on hash browns. I simply love them. There are so many ways to cook these, some make these with raw potatoes, while some make with boiled potatoes. Some add eggs while some add cheese.

I like to make with semi boiled potatoes. I normally do not peel the potatoes and put them in a large pot to boil. I prefer to use medium sized potatoes and boil them for just about 15 minutes. This is the version I served with my English Breakfast.

Hash Browns
4 medium sized potatoes
2 tbsp butter
1 small onion, finely chopped ( optional )
Salt to taste
Pepper
Parsley
Wash the potatoes well to remove all the dirt.
Put a large pot of water and boil the potatoes for about 15 minutes., these should be almost done.
Do not make them very soft.
Let them cool and then peel.
Grate the potatoes.
Heat a pan and add butter to it.
Add onion and sauté for a minute or two.
Add the shredded potatoes, salt and pepper.
Add parsley.
Mix well .
Once the potatoes have been mixed and coated with butter flatten these by using a spatula.
Let it crisp.
Flip over and let the other side become nice and crisp.

I served Baked Beans ,Grilled Tomatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms and Vegetarian Sausages or this breakfast. 


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44
 

Labels: , ,