Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Home Fries for American Breakfast


Throughout my US trip, I ate loads and loads of potatoes. Truly, at times being vegetarian can be difficult. While on my trip we stayed with family, so food was not a issue, but whenever we traveled and ate out, I felt potatoes were the safest. One can never ever go wrong with them.

These fries might be popular is US, but with me they have been popular ever since I was a kid. My kids too love these and we call them Haldi wale Aaloo , meaning Turmeric Potatoes, for the simple reason that I sprinkle turmeric and red chilly powder after frying them.

How to make these
Peel and slice the potatoes.
Apply salt and leave them for about 10 minutes.
Deep fry till done, you need not wait for them to get crisp.
Sprinkle turmeric powder and a pinch of red chilly powder.

I served these as part of the American Breakfast



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I like the fries sprinkled with chili and turmeric. Though I do not make them at home, always order when we eat at a stake house or at a fast food place

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes...i know this is like a survivors recipe for vegetarians many times..these look super good

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, I have survived on these when we traveled too! his is sure a safe bet..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww delicious. Please let me know when you are making them again I will definitely drop in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we also add onions and peppers usually. but these look great

    ReplyDelete