Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Strawberry Flavored Yogurt


Here in India yogurt is normally served in its natural form, though we do get the flavored ones in the market.We do not flavor it and prefer to eat along with our meals with a little of salt and pepper sprinkled. Flavoring the curds is something that I did for the first time. I could try a number of variety, but some how I find strawberry to be a safe flavor, of course next to chocolate. I was not sure if any body would like chocolate yogurt. Any way since it was not a strawberry season, I used the strawberry crush to give it that flavor and color.

I served the Strawberry Yogurt with The American Breakfast .The yogurt,turned out to be mildly flavored with a few pieces of strawberry here and there.

Strawberry Flavored Yogurt
1 cup whole milk
1 tbsp milk powder
2 tbsp strawberry crush
Few strawberry jujubes
1 tbsp fresh yogurt starter, from a previously made curd.
Warm the milk.
Sprinkle the milk powder, let stand a minute or two.
Mix , make sure no lumps are formed.
Mix the fresh yogurt culture and mix.
Pour the crush in the jar , and put some chopped jujubes too, add the milk to this and mix gently.
Cover and place in a warm place for 6-8 hours.
This will set beautifully, however at times it might take longer to set due to weather conditions, check it should be firm.
Refrigerate for a few hours before using.



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I make yogurt at home but never tried flavoring it. Strawberry is a safe bet. Can have it as a dessert after the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of flavored yogurt. Your strawberry yogurt looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i survived on flavored yogurts for days....this way of making the yogurt directly from the culture sounds like a cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cool idea. WE used to buy loads of these when we lived abroad and we enjoyed them a lot! Making it at home is a great idea. Will try for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure I will have Girish twisted around my little finger with this one Vaishali. He loves flavoured curds.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. although we eat flavored yogurt instead of plain ones never seen chocolate yogurt - our yogurts are usually flavored with fruit or vanilla . I have seen many recipes that call for orange crush or strawberry crush - what is that exactly?

    ReplyDelete