Thursday, September 24, 2015

Scrambled Cottage Cheese


Eggs are an important part of breakfast in most countries. The Costo Rico breakfast has a combination where they serve Gallo Pinto with scrambled eggs. Since I could not cook eggs I found its substitute with cottage cheese. I made scrambled cottage cheese and it got done in a jiffy, looked just perfect and tasted fantastic.

I made absolutely fresh cottage cheese and once the milk curdled I just strained it . I wanted it to be a little moist so did not make a block. 

Coming to the recipe

For Cottage Cheese

Ingredients
500 ml milk
1 cup curd
1 tsp vinegar

Method
Heat the milk till it reaches the boiling point.
Add curd and vinegar.
It will curdle immediately.
Strain on a cheese cloth.
Use after 4-5 minutes.
You could reserve the water to bind dough.

Scrambled Cheese

Ingredients
I/2 onion
1/4 capsicum
1 green chilly
1 tomato puréed
Prepared cottage cheese
Pinch turmeric
Salt to taste

Method
Heat a tbsp of oil.
Add onion, capsicum and green chilly.
Saute for a minute and add tomatoes.
Let cook till the moisture dries.
Add salt, turmeric and cottage cheese.
Mix well and serve .



Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Ah, you surely find so many substitutes for eggs..I love paneer and I can have this on toast too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are queen of substitutes for eggs! Scrambled panned looks yummilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrambled paneer aka paneer bhurji.Looks yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second sapana. I though paneer bhurji too when I looked at it. great

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paneer burji looks awesome.. Wholesome protein breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your egg substitutions in this series, all are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a different take on paneer bhurji :) and we loved it !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this. A yum take on paneer bhurji. I have paneer in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete