Monday, September 22, 2014

Sri Lankan Beetroot Salad


While making Sadya from Kerala,  I read about the beet root pachadi, which is quite the same as beet root raita, just a different name. The Sri Lankan version is different though. Instead of using curd they use Mayo, and the result, just amazing. It's a simple recipe but unbelievable flavor.

For pickled cucumbers, I grated them and added some salt and vinegar on the previous day.

Beet Root Salad
2 beets boiled and peeled
2 pickled cucumbers
2 garlic cloves
Mayonnaise
Salt
Grate beets .
 Chop garlic cloves finely.
Add pickled cucumbers.
Combine all ingredients and stir in mayonnaise.


Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Color of the salad is lovely. Anything with mayo tastes yum. Nice simple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich color. Mayo based salads taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no mayo for me , but I can easily substitute with a lil sour cream mix to make this - wonderful flavours !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely color to that beet salad. Addition of mayo sounds yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mayo is unusual for me as we make beetroot salad with hung curd, will love to try this for sandwich filling

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this salad, I wish I can scoop it out from the dish you have presented it in and keep the bowl for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the vibrant color of this salad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mayo in the srilankan cuisine is new to me! The salad looks so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete