Saturday, September 17, 2016

Dessert Sandwiches


BM # 68
Day:15
Theme : One Category - Bread Sandwiches
Sub Theme - Sandwich Platters

For the last day of this week I have a sandwich platter where I have a Dessert Sandwiches. I conceived the concept of Dessert Sandwiches from Japan. It was way back, nearly ten years back when I first visited Japan and it is then that I had one of these sandwiches. I fell in love with the sandwiches and wanted to replicate them. Finally I have !

Years back we used to serve a dessert using bread and the idea never appealed, never could think of adding cream as a spread to bread, or for that matter chocolate and bread. Time changes and with it the taste buds too change. New concepts, new combinations come up.I observe that chocolate and bread is the most hit combination, My grand kids love it and to be honest so do I. 





Another of my favorites is caramel and spreading it on bread is absolutely delicious.  I made home made caramel. This was the first time I tried spreading caramel on bread and I was surprised that it tasted so divine.

Chocolate slices are a new addition to my favorite ingredients. I simply love these slices as they are fantastic to work with. We can use them in sandwiches, over sandwiches and grill, it melts beautifully !

For this dessert platter I have made three different sandwiches 

I served these with chocolate fondue and fruit bits.
The platter was a treat by itself and since these were mini bite sized sandwiches no one felt guilty. Dipping them into the fondue was absolutely sinful .


Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 68


Pin It

17 comments:

  1. Awesome dessert spread. Love the one with caramel oozing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dessert sandwiches platter is tempting. Chocolate slices are new to me. Never seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, this is awesome Vaishali, especially that chocolate mango sandwich, cant wait to try this combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely tempting setup there. Very creative as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow awesome spread.. my fav is mango and chocolate. ;-) great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Vaishalli!! the platter looks stunning. Want to grab the whole plate

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful spread...and totally guilt free, loved the caramel and chocolate flavored ones too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing dessert sandwiches. And those chocolate sandwiches are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is amazing. Love the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning array of dessert sandwiches Vaishali. They all look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous. I am sitting here and wondering what an amazing thing it would be to be your friendly neighbour ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some awesome dessert sandwiches. I just love the way you have plated them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I tell you, you saved the best for the last is it?..what a beautiful display of goodies for us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my!!!what a spread again. Lovely vaishali!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I could eat the now. They are so tempting.

    ReplyDelete